It was a busy two weeks in politics with the national conventions, and the 2020 presidential election is only going to heat up from here. We took a quick look at advertising highlights from the 2020 Republican National Convention, using insights from always-on TV ad measurement and attribution company iSpot.tv.
iSpot data shows the most-seen creatives across all networks for RNC coverage. Rocket Mortgage owns the top two spots, while movie ads take third and fourth places. Uber kept up its COVID-19 messaging, although its spot was a bit further down the list, at No. 7 with 15.6 million TV ad impressions.
- Rocket Mortgage: “Rocket Can: Together” (28.7 million TV ad impressions)
- Rocket Mortgage: “Rocket Can: Queen” (23.3 million)
- Searchlight Pictures: “The Personal History of David Copperfield” (22.9 million)
- Orion Pictures: “Bill & Ted Face the Music” (19.7 million)
- Verizon: “Mix & Match 3.0” (16.6 million)
Here are the top five most-seen industries during RNC coverage; notably, movie studios are No. 4 on the list
- Vehicles: Automakers (72 million TV ad impressions)
- Home & Real Estate: Real Estate & Mortgages (64.2 million)
- Retail Stores: Online & Auction Websites (53.3 million)
- Life & Entertainment: Theatrical Movies (53 million)
- Insurance: Auto & General (47.1 million)