« Back to Posts


‘Frasier’ Reboot? The Show Technically Never Left TV Screens.

With seemingly every program from the last couple decades getting a reboot lately, it should come as no surprise that “Frasier” would be among the next shows to discuss a revival.

But a return of the Kelsey Grammar-starring sitcom wouldn’t just be smart from a fan standpoint — advertisers already understand how much of an audience “Frasier” commands via syndication on Hallmark Channel.

Using data from iSpot.tv, the real-time TV ad measurement company with attention and conversion analytics from more than eight million smart TVs, it’s easy to see the draw. From January 1 through July 23 of this year, “Frasier” has been an anchor program for Hallmark, delivering 3.4 billion TV ad impressions — 7.5% of the total impressions generated by the network this year.

The audience is a bit more varied than one would think, too. Over 65% of viewers are female, and 34.5% of overall viewership is between 35 and 54. Even 28.5% of viewers sit in the 18-34 age demographic. This isn’t just a show for supposed retirees; something evidenced both here and by the resurgent popularity “Frasier” is generating through streaming services like Netflix as well.

When compared to the other shows run on the Hallmark Channel, “Frasier” is the fifth-largest earner for the network — only trailing “The Golden Girls,” “The Middle,” “Full House” and “Last Man Standing” (all syndicated programs as well). But interestingly, when it comes to driving TV ad impressions, the show’s position jumps up to second, meaning only “The Golden Girls” tops “Frasier” and its 5.4 billion impressions.

From a higher level, “Frasier” is responsible for 3.65% of the network’s earnings, but 7.51% of the network’s TV ad impressions. An impressive 94.8% of those impressions are coming through live or same day, leaving the other 5.2% of impressions to time-shifted viewing. In terms of hard figures, that means that 17.8 million impressions were generated this year from VOD / Time-Shifted viewing.

We don’t yet know if “Frasier” comes back. But if it does, advertisers (and the its network) will certainly have their tossed salad and scrambled eggs, and eat it too.