After an exciting weekend in Minnesota, the NFL has a new name to add to its list of Champions for the first time: the Philadelphia Eagles. While that’s great & all, over here at TVRev we know that the most important thing that happened this past Sunday wasn’t who caught the most balls, but who had the best ad! So who has America chosen as the winner of the Super Bowl? We enlisted the help of our friends at iSpot.tv, the real-time TV ad measurement company with attention and conversion analytics from millions of TVs, to help us find out!
Every year, iSpot.tv tracks all Super Bowl advertisements and teasers from the moment they’re released, through their airings on TV – measuring all the digital hype they generate along the way. The company tracks not just the online views and social chatter, but also the social impressions and earned views (those not coming from paid spends) these ads are generating, and then compares them against all the other ads with a metric they call the Digital Share of Voice.
Utilizing their DSOV metric, here are the top performing ads* from Super Bowl LII, and the digital activity they drove on Game Day.
- Digital Share of Voice: 17.26%
- Total Online Views: 3.5 million
- Social Impressions: 78.3 million
- Digital Share of Voice: 12.49%
- Total Online Views: 8.1 million
- Social Impressions: 4.5 million
- Digital Share of Voice: 11.28%
- Total Online Views: 1.9 million
- Social Impressions: 20.5 million
- Digital Share of Voice: 8.09%
- Total Online Views: 3.9 million
- Social Impressions: 5.6 million
- Digital Share of Voice: 5.45%
- Total Online Views: 850,000
- Social Impressions: 26.7 million
*Movie Trailers, Show and Network promos removed.